Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone's Christmas was awesome! Just what they expected it to be. Mine sure was. :)

Every Christmas Eve Mom and Dad give everyone a book. This year I got 'Captain, My Captain.' By Sunday afternoon I had already finished it. :) Christmas Eve was nice and relaxed. We had some people over, played some games, ate some food, received our books and candy canes and celebrated Christ's birth. :) 

Christmas Day was filled with fun, laughter, and happiness. We had a yummy waffle breakfast before heading off to church at 9:30 a.m.. I didn't eat any lunch so that I would be nice and hungry by dinner time. :) People started arriving for dinner at 3:30. There were a total of 16 people for dinner. This year's Christmas dinner was a lot smaller than last year's because the married couples with kids were doing their own things. It was nice to have a bit of a quieter year (not that we don't love you guys! :P). The food was AMAZING!! :D I cheated on my diet, but I figured that one day of unhealthy eating is not going to kill me. ;) Everyone was assigned to make a dish so it was quite easy and Mom didn't have to make all the food by herself. Mom made the turkey but she was actually sick on Christmas Day so Jenn and BA made the gravy for her. Rachel made really amazing scalloped potatoes. I did the veggies and I made roasted broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts. Elyse made the popovers. :) Everything was over-the-top amazing! :D 

One year ago on Sunday Felicity was born. She's a Christmas baby. :) 2000 yrs. ago Christ was born to save us all from sin and death. 

my brother Ethan and Felicity on Christmas Eve :)


Me and Zachary (my nephew)  on Christmas Eve singing Christmas carols


BA and Jenn making the gravy :)

Christmas Day ended with a bang. I vomited. What's the matter with me?!? boohoo.


         On Boxing Day the malls were packed with angry shoppers. The parking lots were overcrowded with people and cars. I didn't have much luck buying anything but I did buy a t-shirt that cost me only $2.79. :) 

Chemotherapy Day was yesterday!! Elyse took me yesterday because Mom had a really bad cold. They drained out my tubes yesterday (the ones inside of me) because they were all clogged up. I was like a vampire...I didn't have any blood. :P They used something like Draino to clean them out. It took about 2 1/2 hrs.  By the time I started my chemo it was 3:30 p.m.. We watched the older version of Beauty and the Beast. It was Elyse's first time watching it. It's quite a cute movie. So far I'm not feeling sick. I didn't have any of that anticipatory nausea like last time. Thankfully. 

Elyse has been an amazing sister. She has helped out a lot with hospital stuff. She saw me get accessed for the 1st time yesterday. She even watched me de-access myself. :) It makes me feel useful when I pull the needle out of myself and it doesn't hurt so it's fun. :) I know I'm weird but whatever. ;)

I haven't made any New Year's resolutions yet. I don't usually but maybe I will this year. 

Nehemiah 8:10 -- "The joy of the LORD is your strength."
Isaiah 28: 3,4 -- "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You. Because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, for in YAH, the LORD is everlasting strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment