Wednesday 18 January 2012

birthdays, snow, and cool stuff...

I'm fifteen. My birthday was on Sunday and I had a really nice day with my family. At church after the service everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. :) It was slightly embarrassing but I was told that I didn't even blush. All my brothers, sisters, sisters-in-law, brother-in-law, and nieces and nephews came over after church for lunch to help celebrate with me. The nice thing about having a big family is that you get lots of presents whenever it comes to your birthday. :) I was totally spoiled. It's tradition that whenever a girl turns 15 we get a fancy ring. My birthstone is a Garnet but I don't really like that color so Mom and Dad gave me a December one which is a Blue Topaz. It's a really pretty light blue color. I also got an ice cream maker. Now I can make my own fancy ice cream. :) I got a scarf that came straight from Guatemala. I got some earrings and a jewelry box for the earrings. I got a hoodie and leg warmers. I also got a shower sponge, some Burt's Bees lip balm, and some pj's. I always get the best birthday presents because my birthday is the 1st one of the year for our family. :)


In the afternoon I got a really nice surprise. My piano teacher surprised me by dropping by to wish me a Happy Birthday and she gave me a gorgeous bouquet of roses. It really made my day. She stayed and had dessert with us and we were able to visit for a while. 

Ok. Enough of the birthday stuff. My mouth is almost completely healed. I can talk normally again and I can eat real food again. I've had enough of smoothies and soup and blended food. Chemo has been cancelled for this week and I will start next Tuesday. I just need some time for my body to finish healing up and get back to its normal self before it gets attacked again. Some more good news is that next week Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I can go to Abbotsford Hospital for my chemo instead of going to Children's. Yay!


Guess what?!? It finally snowed. We have about a foot of snow at my place.  

Only two weeks of chemo left starting next Tuesday. The end is finally in sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment