Thursday 29 September 2011

If He brings you to it...

...He will bring you through it. ~ Author Unknown


Yay!! Phase 2 is over at the end of this week! :) I'm happy. My counts have stayed up really high all this week and I haven't needed to have a hemoglobin transfusion yet (praise God!). Next week I will have off and then phase 3 will start. For the 1st week of phase 3 I will be at home taking oral chemo. After that I will be admitted at the hospital for 4 days in and then 9 days at home, 4 days in, 9 days at home etc. for a total of 9 weeks. :/ Let me tell you, I'm NOT looking forward to the hospital food. It's gross and disgusting. Last time I was there, I ordered turkey w/gravy and when it came to my room I had no idea what it was. I thought it was pancakes with syrup. After smelling it I realized that it was a perfectly round piece of flattened, processed turkey. ughh. 
The doctors expected my counts to go down, but everyone prayed that they would stay up and they did. :) I will probably be able to go to church on Sunday again. :)


A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking.  ~Earl Wilson

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there!! We will be praying for you and your family as you go through this. How GREAT our Wonderful LORD is!! Continue to look to HIM through it all. HE is Faithful and will never leave you nor forsake you. I *love* Psalm 91...maybe it will become one of your favourites too. :)

    As for the hospital food...maybe you could get *real* food brought in for you?? I'm pretty sure that is allowed.

    Many blessings,
    Camille
    (Your Mom's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers.
    God bless,
    Heidi(Gene and Krista Thompson's daughter)

    ReplyDelete