Wednesday 5 October 2011

You cannot control what happens to you...

...you can only control your reaction to it. ~ Author Unknown.


I'm enjoying my break. :) I'm not doing anything special for my break unless you call school special. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this weekend and eating lots of yummy turkey and good food. :) 
I actually have lots of energy and I feel exactly like I did before I had cancer. My cheeks are going down and I'm almost able to run up the stairs two at a time again. My bedroom is upstairs and I do my school there, so it gets really annoying having to climb the stairs one at a time every time I want to get to my room.  
I'm trying not to focus on what the next 2 1/2 months are going to be like..I'm told that the side effects are supposed to be pretty bad. :/ I have handled everything quite well so far so I'm not crazily worried. One thing I get annoyed about when I'm at the hospital is the fact that they wake you up every couple hours to take your blood pressure and temperature. :/ I need to stop thinking ahead and to just focus on the next few days. 
For this last phase I didn't have to have a transfusion on the last week and I did not get a fever or an infection which the doctors were worried about. I have had a little bit of a cold for the past few weeks but it hasn't developed into anything bigger than a sniffle. 
I guess I know I'm feeling well when I get put back into the rotation for family chores. :)

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
~Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted Rebecca, it helps me pray more effectively and allows us to get to know you better and gives us a glimpse into what you are living through. I love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not "anonymous" speaking above, it's Mrs. Spratt, I just can't figure out how to work the other options. ... I'm not at home so I can't get Amy to help me figure it out. :)

    ReplyDelete