Friday 15 July 2011

I am sooo happy! I get to stay home this weekend and go to church!! No Hospital for me. :) All the doctors are very happy that it is lymphoma and not a hard tumor. Lymphoma apparently is easier to treat. Anyways, chemo starts on Monday and I must say that I'm not really looking forward to it. I did find out that chemo treatments are about 5 to 7  days long. Once I get used to them and learn how to administer them I will be able to do it at home, but that won't be for a little while yet. If anyone feels the urge to visit me please do so, just let me know before you come. Also if you have the sniffles or any tiny sign that you might have a cold I shall have to banish you from the hospital. :)
The fine needle aspiration of the lymph node, done yesterday, was not as helpful as the doctors wished it to be and the cerebral fluid from my spinal cord came back negative. Praise the Lord! Because of this good news we were able to go home early!! :) I said before that I hadn't had an ultrasound yet, well now I have had one. I'm sure I've had every single kind of test you can imagine, or that is what it seems like... :)
I am extremely happy that I can stay at home and relax instead of getting carsickness every day and driving on extremely bumpy roads...
Thanks everyone for all your prayers!! It has been a great encouragement these past 2 weeks. 
BTW, please visit me lots....I'm sure I am going to be slightly bored. :)

4 comments:

  1. Praise God for such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca Dear I am thrilled to hear such good news...are you sure you want visiters because every opportunity I get I will be visiting, and you know how wired I can get :D You may even get tired of seeing me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who looks forward to chemo??

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will keep praying for you Rebecca. Keep up the good spirits.

    ReplyDelete