Thursday 19 April 2012

count your blessings

I love this time of year! The sun, thundershowers, daffodils, the buds on the trees... it is all so beautifully gorgeous. My life seems to be getting better and better everyday. Next week I'm going away for a few days to Seattle with some of the family. It's going to be awesomely fun. On the 30th, my piano lessons are going to start up again. That's another thing that I'm super excited for. :)


It's has been 9 months to date since I was first admitted into the hospital. It has been a long journey. Sometimes a very hard and tough one, but I made it through and am sincerely thankful to God for his lovingkindness and faithfulness towards me.
There is sickness in the house. The stomach flu seems to be going rampant among those I know. It would be absolutely horrible if I get it. 


I got a beautiful card from the Wednesday Evening Prayer Group giving me a lot of encouragement to persevere and hold fast. Sometimes I get caught up in the future and start thinking about things that MIGHT happen and it just makes me really depressed, but then I realize once again that it's best to focus on the good and little things of life. I'm sure that God has a lot of things in store for me. There are probably even harder trials ahead. 

A good friend of mine and of the family inspired me to count my blessings. Sometimes they're hard to see, but the more you look for them the easier it gets. 
  1.  I never realized how amazing school was until I was without it for 1/2 a year.
  2. The joy of cooking dinner for the family. 
  3. That amazing feeling I get after I've earned some money. 
  4. The rain when it pours down and makes a ton of noise. :)
  5. Amazing sisters that tease me way too much and way too often. I still love you though. :)
  6. Brothers that make me feel special and make me cry just thinking of them. I don't think I've seen you guys cry as much as you did last July and August.  
  7. Parents that are patient with me and that love me so much. I love you. 


Stay tuned for another post coming to you soon on your computer! ;)


"When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all

And I fall asleep counting my blessings" - Bing Crosby

5 comments:

  1. Aww, this made me tear up. Rebecca, you are such a sweetie. Good reminders...

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! How wonderful that you are counting your blessings. The LORD shines through you Rebecca. :) It's a joy to witness.

    Have fun in Seattle....I know you will! :) Unfortunately, we are unable to go this year. Perhaps next year? (Austin is scheduled for his MRI this Friday).

    Love to you!
    Camille xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still counting? I've been cheching up on you....

    Love,
    Camille :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops...that should read *checking*....LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete