Tuesday 1 November 2011

Happy November!

It's November!!


Having a normal life for a week is like heaven. It's just amazing. I always thought that my life was boring and I wanted something different to happen to me. Well, that happened and now all I want is for my life to be back to what it was....but since that isn't going to happen any time soon I'm going to stop talking about it.


It was Reformation Day/ Halloween yesterday and I spent it at the hospital. All the nurses and the doctors were dressed up in interesting looking costumes. My doctor was dressed up as Johnny Canuck. I almost didn't recognize him at first sight. I had to take a second look. Everything went well yesterday. I was able to start my chemo at 5:30 p.m. which means that it will stop dripping at 5:30 later on today. I was brought up to my room mid-afternoon right when the humongous trick-or-treat parade was happening. The lobby and the halls were filled with people in costumes. The big tv camera crews were there. All the kids were getting tons of candy. Unfortunately, I didn't participate in the parade because I had to go to my room. Mom went downstairs a few minutes later, but she said that the parade was pretty much over. A nurse popped her head into my room about 10 min. later and asked if I wanted some candy. I immediately said yes. She gave me a whole bag. :)


Last night I got woken up every 2 hours. It was pure torture. :( To make up for lack of sleep I slept for 3 1/2 hrs. today. I also listened to a book on cd. Jennifer is coming to stay with me tonight and she will stay till tomorrow night. Hopefully everything will work out and I will be able to come home Thursday night. 



"When the trees their summer splendor
Change to raiment red and gold,
When the summer moon turns mellow,
And the nights are getting cold;
When the squirrels hide their acorns,
And the woodchucks disappear;
Then we know that it is autumn,
Loveliest season of the year."
-   Carol L. Riser, Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment