Monday 6 February 2012

There are no words to express my happiness.


I’m done!!! :) Hallelujah! Praise be to God! I’ve been looking forward to this moment ever since it all started and now that it is here it doesn’t seem real to me. It is only by God’s grace and the prayers of His people that I’ve made it through the intense part. I’m so thankful that I’ve not gotten sick with the flu even though I have a bad cold, hopefully it doesn't get worse. It is such a pain having this never-ending cold because my immune system isn’t strong enough to kill it. :(

I’m going to have a total of 3 ½ weeks off of everything.  I do not have to head back to Children’s till March 1st. :) In the future I will go to Children’s once a month for a checkup and an IV drug.

Because of the last drug I took, my counts are quite low right now. This afternoon I got a 'hemogoblin' transfusion. It was about 5 hrs long. I feel so much better after I get a transfusion. It's amazing how a few extra blood cells can make you feel a lot more energized. 

This might sound weird to people who hate doing school but I'm really looking forward to doing school everyday and getting all my subjects back. :) I miss doing school and being able to think. :)

On a more serious note: I do know that my life will never be the same again and I need to stop wishing for it to be. I will always be a different person and I know that this lymphoma cancer will probably effect the way I live the rest of my life. There is nothing I can do about this and I guess I just have to accept the facts as they are. 

Just so you know my hair has not started to grow back yet but hopefully sometime soon. :)

Zero more days left. :D

2 comments:

  1. All for the better, though. You WILL live your life different than before and it may feel strange at first, but God does not give you these challenges to make your life worse after they happen. He gives them to you for reasons that will only glorify Him in the end. Praise God you're done! So happy for you. Keep chugging along!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are continuing to lift you and your family up in prayer Rebecca. What a blessing to know that the LORD does all things well! A favourite passage of Scripture that has blessed my heart recently is Isaiah 26:3-4...how precious it is to belong to HIM!!

    Love to you!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete